Need To Get Stuff Done For Your VA Business?Just Do It!
Do you have a wish list of things you want to get done in your business?
If you don’t, you should. You should have a list of short term and long term goals, and an even bigger strategy for your wish list.
If you do have a list, stop now and have a look at it.
How are you doing with developing or implementing the things you need to get done?
If you’re like me, you probably have a lot of things on the list. Maybe you don’t even know where to start.
I say, start at the beginning!
Just pick something … anything (something small would be best to start!) and get it done.
Maybe you want to set up a blog.
Maybe you want to start a newsletter.
Maybe you want to update the content on your website.
Maybe you want to sign 3 new clients over the next month.
Whatever it is, just do it!
Set a workable plan in place. Give yourself deadlines and then make a list of what you will need to do to get it done.
If you’re not sure what you need to do, get help from someone who knows.
You will not believe the excitement (and relief!) that you will get by finishing something that will make your business better.
And once you do one little thing, and bring it to completion, you can move onto the next thing.
Here’s a little checklist for you:
1. Decide what you want to do.
2. Decide when you need to have it done.
3. Put that date on your calendar.
4. Determine the steps you need to complete your goal.
5. Determine when you need to complete each step so that you can do it in the proper order, or in the proper stages.
6. Put those dates on your calendar.
7. Look at your deadline dates and make sure that they are reasonable and logical, and that you have time to do the pieces you need to do.
8. Make sure your deadline dates are short enough to create some urgency, but not so much that you are working intensely (or you may find that you will drop the ball if you miss one!)
9. Tell someone what you are doing, and ask them to help you stay accountable to complete it.
10. Hang your calendar where you can see it, and work towards your goal,
Getting things done is just a matter of making them a priority on your calendar, and then knowing the steps you need to go through to get them completed.
It’s a process each time, and once you go through it once, you will find that it’s easy, and you will be able to implement the same procedure for everything you do. Just do it!