Ten Ways to Show Virtual Assistant Clients You Care
If you talk to most customers, they’re not really that happy with how they’re treated by most businesses that they have to work with. It seems as if good customer service is a dying art. But, as a Virtual Assistant business owner, don’t think for one moment that good customer service doesn’t matter. Good customer care pays for itself. Here are ten ways to show your customers that you care.
1. Loyalty Discounts – You often see new customer discounts, but what about giving your long-term customers a loyalty discount? If just once a year you offer a few items at a deep discount to customers who have been with you at least six months, it will go far in making them feel as if you care about them.
2. Thank You Notes – Writing thank you notes seems to have gone out of vogue, but you’d be shocked at how much a nice handwritten note will mean to your customers. You will stand out to them and next time they need your products or services, they’ll think of that note.
3. Remembering Special Days – If you’ve collected information on your customers such as birthdays, anniversaries or other special days, drop them a card in the mail. It’s also a good time to give them a birthday discount.
4. Referral Rewards – Your happy customers will likely tell others about you anyway, but why not encourage the process by offering referral rewards. You can offer a percent off future services or a free gift; it’s up to you. All will be appreciated.
5. Prompt Service – Another way to make your customers feel cared for is to offer very prompt service. Treat their work as if it’s your sole priority and get it done on time or early. They will notice how you treat them.
6. Going the Extra Mile – You’ve heard the saying to “under promise and over deliver” before, but it cannot be said enough. If you can go the extra mile for your loyal customers, they will notice. Even if it’s just something really small, they’ll notice and feel cared for.
7. Personal Service – Don’t treat your customers like an account number. Call them by name, and personalize all correspondence to them. By simply calling clients by their name, and making each service you provide feel special, your customers will definitely feel cared about.
8. Ask for Feedback – People love giving their opinions about things. But, often they will not do it if they’re not asked. At least quarterly, send your customers a survey to ask them how you’re doing and how you can do better. Then, if possible, implement something suggested.
9. Pay Attention to Detail – Very small details often go unnoticed by workers, but not by clients. If you pay attention to the small things, they’ll notice – even if the small thing you paid attention to has nothing to do with the work. Perhaps you noticed an article in the paper about your client. Clip it, congratulate them, and mail it.
10. Be a Resource – Sometimes we can’t be all to our clients. They need something we cannot deliver. Therefore instead of just saying no, say yes by recommending someone who can give your client what they need. When you become a resource to your clients, they’ll become loyal to you because they know you care about more than the almighty dollar.
People have so many other options available to them today that they really don’t have to patronize your business. Remember that customers can and will go elsewhere if they are not happy. It costs a lot more money to find a new customer than to keep one. Therefore, you should go out of your way to keep good customers happy by showing them that you care.